Policies and Pricing
Rosedale Pet Resort's Policies are designed with safety in mind. I like to keep things simple, and ensure clarity on what all parties can expect.
My priority is to provide the best value at an affordable price, so I offer competitive pricing while offering more.
Rosedale Pet intentionally cares for only a very small number of pets at one time. All pets that I keep must be friendly towards people. Dog Specific: I will work case-by-case with owners to determine if Rosedale Pet Resort might be a fit for a dog that does not do well with other dogs. For the protection of your pet, all campers in my care, and my family, aggressive animals cannot be accommodated. I'm sorry, but should your pet show any signs of aggression while in my care, your pet will not be allowed to return.
Specific to dogs, I do not require an evaluation for boarding. I do rely heavily on the transparency given when answering my registration questions and follow up as appropriate. As a small facility with a lot of personal attention for each dog, I will determine daily who I believe your dog can safely play with (if you have consented) I base this on a number of factors including size, age, play style and other observations. While I don't have a completely open concept facility, in order to reduce barking, my dogs are kept out and about as much as possible so dogs that are not comfortable in that type of an arrangement may not be the best fit. They are always kept separate during meal times and for sleeping.
If you feel your dog should not socialize with other dogs, that does not mean I cannot accommodate, but please know I have limited space for dogs that need to be kept separate. I also may have follow up questions for you to ensure that having it isolated won't make it miserable.
Safety is my top priority. Even if your pet is primarily kept indoors, they can be exposed to viruses carried in the air, dust, or even on clothing. Vaccination is an inexpensive protection against costly treatment or even the premature death of your pet. Always consult your veterinarian for medical advice and treatment. All vaccinations records MUST be received by myself no less than 48 hours prior to your pet coming in for the first time. Failure to do so may result in your boarding reservation being canceled.
- Rabies Vaccine, 1-3 years depending on age and vaccine.
- Distemper/Parvo/Lepto (DHLPP) Combination Vaccine, 1-3 years depending on age and vaccine.
- Bordetella Vaccine (Canine Cough, aka Kennel Cough) within the last 6-12 months depending on the vaccine.
- Recommended but not required: Canine Influenza and a Flea/Tick preventative
- Note Regarding Lepto: I understand that some kennels may not require vaccination for Leptospirosis. As I live in a wooded area, and dogs get a lot of their exercise outside, there is potentially more risk vs a kennel facility without a lot of natural terrain. My primary concern is safety for your dog and while there is risk for each decision we make, I'm glad to chat with you further about this vaccine if you have concerns about your dog receiving it.
- Parasites: I do not require a negative fecal check because I realize many of our dogs go to dog parks and other social areas and you would need to test constantly. Unfortunately it is not uncommon for a dog to be infected with worms, or other parasites, without exhibiting external symptoms. Worms and other parasites can be more prevalent than people think and this is especially true if your dog frequents off-leash dog parks. If I determine that your pet does have worms, I will reach out to you immediately and your dog will need to be seen by a veterinarian for treatment. If your dog is determined to have any parasite, (worms, giardia etc.) I will reach out to you immediately. Unfortunately, I do not have isolation "wings" so if there is any concern about transmission to others, I will have to call upon your emergency contact or your designee to pick up your pet. This is for the safety of other pets and even my family as some of these parasites are zoonotic and can also transfer to humans.
- Rabies Vaccine, 1-3 years depending on age and vaccine.
- Distemper Combination Vaccine, 1-3 years depending on age and vaccine. The combination vaccine should include protection against Feline Distemper, Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus
- Recommended but not required: Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV), Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) and a Flea/Tick preventative
Owners are responsible for keeping their pet(s) flea & tick free. Should I find evidence of fleas or ticks after drop off, I will perform a flea & tick bath immediately to inhibit an infestation within our facility and an additional $20 fee will be imposed for a flea and tick bath.
What to Bring:
- Please ensure that your cat arrives in a carrier and your dog on a leash. If you don’t have a leash, in most cases, I will have one for your dog to borrow.
- I recommend keeping your pet on their normal diet during their stay. I suggest you bring your pet’s usual food, bagged and labeled per serving. Label meals if there are any differences in the meals. I can provide daily feedings of a quality diet if you run out of food or are unable to bring food. I'm happy to accommodate pets who are on a raw or other special diet.
- Medications: Unlike most, I don’t believe in charging for the administration of medications, but it’s crucial that the instructions are simple so there is no confusion. Often instructions left in the registration change so I highly encourage you to send current written instructions along that I will post on your pups room for easy access. It’s highly appreciated when owners send along medications in the daily pill box (AM/PM) dispensers (for tablet type medications). I do have a refrigerator and can keep injectables or other refrigerated medications.
- Other Items: You may bring bedding as long as it’s clean, is machine washable and has your name on it in permanent marker. You may also want to bring an article of your clothing. If your dog has a favorite chew toy, you may bring that as well. Please do not bring any rawhides or other toys that may be a choking hazard, or food bowls. Any questions, just ask! I'm not responsible for lost or damaged items.
While I focus on safety, medical events can happen at any time. I partner with local veterinarians that can provide medical services should your pet experience a medical condition that would require veterinary care or supervision. If an emergency or illness occurs, I will attempt to contact you and/or your emergency contact immediately. I will use our best discretion in securing appropriate care for your pet. You agree to pay for all costs associated with necessary veterinary care and I are not held responsible when deferring to the advice of a veterinarian.
All animals boarded on these premises have current documented vaccinations on file, however I will not be held responsible in the event that a pet contracts Bordetella or other distemper related diseases. Please ask if you have questions related to this exception.
Rosedale Pet Resort takes great care to ensure safety. Our property is fenced with six foot chain link fencing and dogs are supervised while in the play yards. By boarding, you should feel satisfied that the height of the fence and described safety measures are ample and agree not to hold Rosedale Pet responsible should your pet escape. If you feel that your dog is at risk for escaping a six foot fence, please alert us so I can develop a safety plan.
Although Rosedale Pet does not have an open play concept, I will offer small playgroups by request. By selecting those options, you acknowledge that there is always a risk when choosing to put your dog out with other dogs in the play yard and agree not to hold Rosedale Pet Resort responsible for any injuries resulting from playtime. As our terrain includes natural landscape, there is always risk of injury just as at home and Rosedale Pet Resort is not responsible for any such injuries.
Excessive barking can be a sign of stress and if your dog(s) barks excessively while at Rosedale Pet Resort, unfortunately I will not be able to allow your dog to return for boarding in the future.
Boarding Check-in / Check-out:
I try to keep things simple. Pets checking out must be picked up by closing time on departure day otherwise will be boarded for another night at their current nightly rate.
Just like a resort, all charges incurred must be paid in full at time of checkout. By boarding with us you agree that in the event that charges are not paid in full at time of pick up that the pet will not be released to the owner until such time that payment is made in full.
Any controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to this contract; or breach thereof, or as a result of any claim or controversy involving alleged negligence by any party of this contract, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association and judgment upon the award rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as a part of his/her award, determine and award to the prevailing party part of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorneys fees of the prevailing party.
This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions are binding upon your reservation.
If the time comes where it's needed to enforce a more defined cancellation policy, this will be revisited.